On 7 April 1471, After landing at Ravenspur, heading towards London, Edward IV and his brothers stopped at the parish church of Daventry to hear Mass on Palm Sunday. As he prayed to his patron saint, St Anne, for help in regaining the country, the shutters around an alabaster figure of St. Anne (it was normal to board up all statues at Easter) opened exposing the statue, then closed again. It was taken as a miracle and a sign of success. Edward and his army then marched to Northampton where he was welcomed before going on to London. Exactly a week later he defeated Warwick at the Battle of Barnet.